Help Please - How do I transfer from iPad to iMovie on an iMac

I love using my iStopMotion iPad app but I’m a bit frustrated with editing. My clip is over 12,000 frames and editing in the iPad is tedious since I can only remove one frame at a time.

How can I transfer the clip to my iMac and then into iMovie to edit?

Thanks!!

You have to export it into iPad’s camera roll. To do so:

• Start iStopMotion on your iPad
  • if you are in your project view, tap on “Gallery” in the upper right corner (you may have to touch the screen shortly to get the tool bar with the button at the top)
  • once you are in the Gallery (with all your projects) scroll to your project you want to bring to your iMac by swiping left and right
  • click on the “Share” button at the bottom center (the button looks like a box with an arrow), this will open the sharing assistant
  • Select the first sharing option “Save to camera roll”
  • next you have to select the resolution, choose “Full HD”
  • start the export with the button in the top right corner
  • After processing you can find your movie in the camera roll
  • connect your iPad to the iMac via the USB cable and open the application “Image Capture” on your iMac. You should get a list of all your images and movies stored in the camera roll in a window.
  • To copy your movie, just drag it from the Image Capture window to the Desktop.

Thanks!! I spent the day editing down to 6500 frames but this will help speed up the process. :slight_smile:

Want to transfer your iPad movies on Mac? You can follow these steps:
1.open iTunes on your Mac and connect your iPad.
2.Select your iPad in iTunes and select Video from the row of tabs that are presented.
3.Then either select to sync all videos or select the playlists you want on the iPhone. Then click on Apply and Sync.

In addition, you can backup your iPad movies to iCloud and restore them on Mac with the Apple ID and password.But it supports 5g storage. If you need more, you can but more.At this time, you can transfer from iPad to iMovie on an iMac.

Check this out to know how to transfer Halloween movies to your iPad!

If you have an iCloud account set up, you can import a video clip or an iMovie project from iCloud Drive. Or you can use iTunes on your computer to import iMovie projects or video clips created on another iOS device.

To use iTunes, you must first send the video clip or iMovie project from the other iOS device to iTunes. To learn more, see Share to other devices or apps.

iCloud Drive requires iOS 8, a Mac with OS X Yosemite, or a PC with Windows 7 or later.

Import an iMovie project from iCloud Drive
Open iMovie on your device, and tap Projects at the top of the screen.

If you’re editing a project, tap the back button until you return to the Projects browser.

Tap the Import button , then tap iCloud at the bottom of the pane that appears.

In the iCloud pane, do any of the following:

To see items as icons or a list: Tap a view button at the top.

To search for an item: Tap the search field and type a search term.

In the iCloud pane, navigate to the iMovie folder.

Tap the name of the project you want to import.

When the import is complete, the project opens and can be edited in the same way as any other project.

See also this tutorials to help you more:
Whatsapp recovery software iPhone

What happened to WebDAV, YouTube and Dropbox support? Under Settings, “Dropbox Account” is permanently dimmed and unselectable.

@gma the new iOS supports those exports automatically if you have a certain app installed that will handle the data upload to those services. E.g. if you have installed the DropBox app you will be able to share to DropBox.

Please can you send a screen shot of you iOS device so we can see how it looks like on your device? (You can make a screen shot by pressing the on/off switch and the home button on your iOS device at the same time. The screen shot will be saved into the iPads camera roll and can be sent by email from there)