Frames missing in 6.2

When I switched to 6.2 subscriptions I now do not have the split frames or any frames and I found that there is none to download,

I know this isn’t what you want to hear, sorry, but when I ran FM 6.2 the first time this morning and opened a pre-existing slide show, all of my images (about 400 used in a slideshow and distributed among five different folders) didn’t show up at all, neither in the image browser on the right NOR in the Media browser. Audio tracks were also missing. Everything was empty – and it said “0 images” on the bottom right. I closed the app and restarted it, and got the same thing – so I sat back and waited and sure enough, they all appeared (images, audio, video). They had appeared in the previous 6.1.6 version without a problem – so I figured maybe there was something going on internally in 6.2 that needed time to re-populate the database.

I checked my Snippets, and they’re all there as before – split screens, frames, titles, effects, etc.

The only thing I could suggest is that you wait a minute or two for everything to show up. Although by now I’m sure things might have straightened themselves out. If not, hopefully the Boinx crew will be able to look into it.

I realized this morning that there were other options you could try.

Assuming your Snippets are still on your hard drive, drill down to

/Users/your_user_name/Library/Containers/com.boinx.FotoMagico6.macOS/Data/Library/Application Support/com.boinx.FotoMagico6.macOS/Snippets/ where you should find all of them. Then just click on the folders and drag them into the Snippets pane to add them back.

If all of your Snippets are really missing, then From the Main Menu bar look for “Connect” and in the drop down you’ll find “Download Snippets…” That should allow you to re-install all the latest snippets that you might have lost (Frames, Splitwcreens, Effects, Credits, Titles, etc.)

Good luck…