fotomagico on Macbook Air

Does anyone have experience creating and projecting a slide show with a Macbook Air? Should I expect significant performance decline compared to a 15" Macbook Pro
Thanks

It will depend on which model of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.

FotoMagico is highly depending on the graphics card. In some MacBook Air models there are build in weak graphics cards. So like rmanke already notes, its depending on the model. On the other hand FotoMagico plays back the slide show always in 60 fps. The image upload to the graphic card can take longer as expected and then the timing in the show will get lost when you have short image durations. But still it should playback in the same high quality and smoothness as on a MacBook Pro.

Here is what I am thinking of getting. Macbook Air 13"
1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache or possibly configured to dual-core 1.8GHz Intel Core i7 with 4MB shared L3 cache; 4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 onboard memory; Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3

This seems to be the top drawer for the MBA line. Maybe the better question to ask is if this machine will be performant playing back a large slide show. Maybe it isn’t fair to compare to a MacBook Pro. Mainly I just need to be sure the MBA is up to the task.

Thanks for your insights

Since we can’t test any model I can’t confirm that everything works like you expected. But anyways, the machine looks good!