FotoMagico 5.3 crashing while launching the application

All of a sudden FotoMagico just crashes when attempting to open the application. Tried with reinstalling, no success. Rebooting, reinstalling, it just crashes. Last night was working just fine.

Are you guys having the same issue? Thanks.

Model: iMac17,1, BootROM IM171.0105.B15, 4 processors, Intel Core i5, 3.2 GHz, 24 GB
macOS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Same things happening to me, was working fine a couple days ago and now it immediately crashes. Tried redownloading as well. I sent an email to the support crew, hopefully they help us out

I’m very sorry that you are experiencing this. Our distribution profile, which ensures that your copy of FotoMagico is legitimate and not some malware, expired. Apparently, macOS Sierra is not handling this correctly. Apple is working on a fix. Meanwhile, we’re working hard to get Version 5.4 out, hopefully within a day.

Version 5.2 does not seem to be affected. You can download and use that, but if you used newer features in your slideshow, it might not play as expected.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Oliver, thanks for providing input on the cause of this issue, glad to know you guys are working on it as likely it may take longer, I guess, for Apple to sort this out at OS level. I’ll wait for 5.4 then.

I am working with Yosemite and have the same issue, so it is not only a Sierra issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling 5.2.3 works fine, however I have no idea yet, if the slide shows work properly, since they have been saved wit 5.3…

I had a presentation last night and a lot of stress with that issue. All the small bugs and every once in a while a major issue make it hard to recommend the software…

@Ralf I understand your frustration. While we take all responsibility for the various small bugs, this bigger issue is unfortunately beyond our control.

Meanwhile, the new feature added in 5.3 is mainly Touch Bar support, so the slideshows should work great in 5.2.3

I was also presenting last night. I had run through the presentation in the afternoon and so it was almost a disaster to find the app crashing. Fortunately I have Fotomagico 4 on my laptop as well and I was able to use this. I still think it’s a great piece of software and will always recommend it.

We’ve just released Version 5.4 in order to address this issue. Please download at https://cdn.boinx.com/software/fotomagico/Boinx_FotoMagico_5_5.4-22624.app.zip and let me know if that works. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Oliver, Many thanks for your quick response and all seems to be well now with v5.4

More or less same here. The only way I found was to uninstall FM and rest all last version. With negative effect that all bought and free snippets like Christmas or Thanksgiving are gone and I found no way to reinstall, because where stored in my TimeMachine backup

Process: FotoMagico 5 [669]
Path: /Applications/FotoMagico 5.app/Contents/MacOS/FotoMagico 5
Identifier: com.boinx.FotoMagico5
Version: ???
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: FotoMagico 5 [669]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-02-23 20:41:55.589 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.3 (16D32)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: D49F1CB2-78C9-9A49-0250-D7C64AF18E5A

Time Awake Since Boot: 89 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1

kernel messages:

VM Regions Near 0 (cr2):
–>
mapped file 0000000104e0e000-0000000105013000 [ 2068K] r-x/rwx SM=COW p\u

Thanks Oliver for addressing this issue very quickly.
FM 5.4 is working just fine now.