Finished Slideshow Cropped Too Much

I just completed my first slideshow. It looked great on FotoMagico, but on YouTube and as a MOV file in Quicktime, every slide is cropped too close. Totally ruins what I was trying to do. I was very careful when editing my photos to crop them all 4.5" x 6". Hopefully there’s a quick solution. P.S. I love this software.

It is not necessary to crop the photos. I never do this because I am much more flexible. Always use the original size. Much more important is, to select the right screen size in the menu.

Rainer

Thanks Rainer. It’s hard to explain here, but I was after a special effect when I cropped the photos. Now that I know more about what FotoMagico can do, the next time I’ll not crop them. As for selecting the right screen size in the menu, I selected “Monitor”, which is how the slideshow would be viewed. Was that the wrong thing to do? I managed to fix each slide in FotoMagico by adjusting them individually. It’s looks okay now, just has black borders on the left and right. Thanks again for your help.

I always take HD 1080p - 1920 x 1080

Good to know. Thank you very much!

I always use “Monitor” as well, and select “Display of this Macintosh” (which happens to be 1920 x 1200 (on my HD Cinema Display).

I’d suggest that if you need (or want) to crop a photo that you use the “masking” features now present in FotoMagico instead, rather than try to crop it using another application and then importing the cropped image. As Rainer pointed out, it’s more flexible if you always use the original sized image.

Thank you very much Stantastic. It really helps to learn the basics of this great software.