Custom Layers with 20 Inputs

Has anybody created a custom layer with more than 10 inputs at 1 time? I’m looking for a gallery/composite with 20 inputs at the same time.

HI @kevinpmullan Can you post a mockup of what you want to achieve?

This has 21 inputs (20 cameras and a logo), but this is the concept I’m trying to replicate. I’m using ZoomISO to pull live Zoom video sources into each of the 20 headshot locations.

Ideally, I’d be able to adjust the size of the gallery from 1-20 (similar to how the split screen can go from 1-10 right now, I just need that layer to expand to 20).

Could you do 2 Split screens side by side?

Also, 20 video inputs could be a bit much. How many does ZoomISO support currently?

They get limited if they are hi-res (720p or 1080p), but 360p is unlimited, really.

I guess so…? How would that work?

Needs some polishing (exact calculations of coordinates), but this is the principle:

And of course 21 sources in the source column.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks @Oliver_Boinx . I’ll try this out and see if I can replicate. Appreciate how hands on you are. I’m a big fan of the tool, and the incredible customer service is certainly a big piece of that!

2 Likes

Kevin - please keep up posted on this. I’d love to see a brief live demo, maybe on the next MimoLive update or perhaps as a separate more casual event - what do you think @Oliver_Boinx?

Are you using Siphon? And what Mac model/processor?

Wanted to follow up on this. It was a complete failure, lol. I was using Zoom ISO to capture the various zoom camera inputs and everytime somebody (anybody on the call) would turn their camera off, the entire system would lag, eventually crash and my entire machine had to be rebooted. Theoretically, the layout that @Oliver_Boinx suggested should have worked, and everything ran smoothing except for the Zoom ISO failure. Lesson learned - luckily we had backup plans.

Thanks for sharing your experience, even if it wasn’t great. I guess Zoom ISO tries to preserve bandwidth by closing the connection if there is no video. This leads to an NDI source disappearing which might not be a good thing, especially if the network bandwidth is at its limit.

How many iso feeds did you have?

24 - which was likely too many, lol.

If we assume full NDI, 24 streams will use 2.4Gbps of a 1Gbps network connection… :wink:

Try with syphon. I try yesterday, no problem with zoomiso and M1 configuration

1 Like

Syphon? Cool! I have to test this too!! Thx for the hint.

1 Like

@kevinpmullan I’d love to learn more about your ZoomISO experience - with and without Syphon .

Perhaps a demo on a future “Stump the Experts” or perhaps a late night version of “Having Fun With MimoLive” or “Advanced Use of MimoLive” livestream episode? @Oliver_Boinx ??

Working on a Twitch stream format: “mimoLive Shop”. Unscripted. Twitch

Plan is to go online every Thursday 5pm CET. Since next two Thursdays don’t work, I might go online spontaneously.

1 Like