Choppy images when using the Chroma

Hi there
I have a powerful imac Pro and an externa eGPU with a best graphic card.
When I record or stream using the chroma, everything seems choppy, doesn´t happen when not using the chroma.
See samples here
No chroma: Box
Chroma: Box

Thanks for your help

Hi Pablo,

I’m sorry for the troubles you experience.

Can you please go to the Window menu, bring up the “Source Performance Monitor” and take a screenshot?

Also, the iMac Pro does have an adequate graphics card. So could you please try to turn off the eGPU and test with that setup?

Thanks Oliver!
eGPU option was already off on those videos.
See required screenshot.

Hi @pablo Thanks for posting the screenshot.

As you can see, the camera is taking too long to process the images. What camera is it and how is it connected to the Mac?

It is a Sony ZV-1 and it is connected with an Elgato 4K camlink.

I would generally not recommend USB capture, even for 1080p, as USB is not very good at maintaining high data transfer rates.

A couple of things to check:

• If you click on the settings button next to the Video Device popup, what are your Format options?

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 17.08.10

• If you look at the System Profile, is the Camlink the only device on the particular USB bus? If not, you could try to move it to a different USB port so that the USB bus is exclusive to the Camlink.

If your budget permits, I would recommend to use a Thunderbolt 3 device like the Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K Mini instead of the Camlink.

PS.: Not sure if that gives you 4K but the camera can now be used directly via USB as a webcam:

Also worth a try.

Thanks Oliver

• I know about the USB option, I do not use since it does not work in 4K
  • Options in dropdown menus (only what you see there, nothing else)
  • I cannot really afford that capture card (I wish).

All works well in Wirecast. No choppyness.
Thanks!