Cheapest solution for Canon DSLR

Hi, I know there have been a couple of suggestions to get a Canon DSLR working with BoinxTV, but I was wondering if anyone was able to work out the “cheapest” solution.

Any information would be great, as more and more people are utilising DSLR’s now for both photo and video, rather than having a dedicated video camera as well as a DSLR.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Sorry … to add … its for an iMac, Intel Core2 Duo

Currently there is no way for this combination, every still camera has its own non public “standard” for the live view so we can’t support these.

Thanks mate … will look at Firewire DV options :slight_smile:

You can always use the HDMI output of the camera. Of course you’ll need some HDMI input interface on the Mac

I have Canon 5D mark 3. I plug the HDMI out to my Mac via Thunderbolt but the Boinx TV does not show up in the source camera. What should I do Thnks

You’d need a capture device like a BlackMagic Ulstra Studio Mini Recorder to capture the HDMI. An Apple MiniDisplayPort>HDMI adapter is only for output.
But with iStopMotion 3.5 and newer, you can connect the MKIII directly to your Mac using USB and get live view over USB. It will then capture full resolution pictures and transfer them to iStopMotion.