Changing Memory Limit in BoinxTV

I have got 16 GB of RAM but Boinx uses 4GB, and it always crashes because of reaching limit of memory, which was set up by this application. How can i change memory limit? It possible to change limit from 4GB to 8GB?

MacBook Pro 15-inch, Early 2011
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 2.2 GHz
OS X 10.9 (13D65)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB and AMD Radeon HD 6750M

currently BoinxTV is a 32 bit application due to technical reasons. if you are limited to 32 bit, there is a limit of 4GB of usable memory.

We are currently re-engineering BoinxTV to make BoinxTV 2 a 64 bit application with virtually no memory limit at all. since this is not just a means of removing an arbitrary limit but to re-engineer the base of BoinxTV, this will take a little while

Bastain

Can you elaborate on this 4gb memory limit. What can I do to avoid the crashes? How do I ensure I stay under 4gb?

Thanks,

Dave

Can you please share some more on what you are doing? how many video sources are you trying to handle? which version number of BoinxTV is installed?

Bastain

Can you elaborate on this 4gb memory limit. What can I do to avoid the crashes? How do I ensure I stay under 4gb?

Thanks,

Dave

I am having the same problem - especially when using Chromakey

I have a macbook pro 15 inch 2.5 GHz Intel i7 with 16GB with Intel Iris Pro 1536 Graphics running OSX 10.95
I input two Canon Vixia via HDMi at 1080i 59.94 through two Blackmagic Ultrastudio recorders. Constant crashing especially when chromakeying backgrounds

Any ideas - it is like the numbers for memory and Vram are constantly pushing the limits.

Thanks

Steve