Can't find ATEM Mini Pro in MimoLive

I have connected my ATEM Mini Pro with a USB C/USB 3.0 cable to my iMac. When i use the ATEM in QuickTime player, there is no problem that the Mac finds it as „Webcam“. But when I want to use it in MimoLive, It doesn’t appear. Anybody has a solution for that?

Hi @Max, this is odd. Can you please check System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Camera to see if mimoLive is added and has access to the camera? Once you’re there you also might want to check for Microphone as well.

Hello @Oliver_Boinx
Thanks for the quick answer. I just checked the Preferences and MimoLive has access to the Camera and the Microphone. Do I need the “ATEM Controller”-Add-On or is this only if I want to control the ATEM Mini Pro with MimoLive? I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong :sleepy: I have attached your screenshots from my iMac

Hi @Max_Stahl Thanks for posting the screenshots. No, you don’t need the ATEM Controller Layer to use the ATEM Mini as a source. I’ve just tested it again on my Mac Mini Intel with Big Sur. Did you try to restart the Mac? Sometimes, the access priviliges aren’t properly set.

If a restart doesn’t help, can you please check the Console to see if there are any messages regarding mimoLive and Blackmagic?

Hello @Oliver_Boinx,
I managed it that MimoLive finds the ATEM Mini Pro. I tried everything you said in the post above, but nothing helped. I also have Big Sur on my iMac. Then, I don’t know why, I just thought: “Delete MimoLive complettly from your iMac and install it new!”. After I have done the new instalation, MimoLive found the ATEM Mini Pro as “Webcam”. I don’t know why it didn’t found it before the new instatlation, but now it works.

Thanks for your help :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

I’m glad to hear that you found a solution! Thanks for reporting back.

I guess that the permissions system was confused and got sorted by the re-installation…