AJAioHD

I want to broadcast HD (720p) so I have 2sony EX1-2HD SDI cable-2AJAioHD-1Macpro 8 core 2.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770.

1 AJAioHD works fine but when I try to connect the second AJAioHD, it doesn’t work…the settings are going nuts!

I called the tech support of AJA and they told me it’s not a good idea to plug 2 AJAioHD on 1 computer because it use all the bandwith of the firewire!!!

How do you broadcast HD? Could you please help me?

Thanks

Getting an additional FireWire PCI Expresscard should help with that. They are very inexpensive and give you another firewire bus. Don’t connect more than one firewire video source to a single bus. Keep in Mind: All the firewire ports on a Mac run through one bus.

Hi Bastian

I add 3 firewire bus (2 extra pci e fire wire)… It’s not a matter of bus, the AJA ioHD suck up all the firewire bandwith.

I finally tried the AJA Kona 3 + black magic Deck link studio, it worked out but the videos (pre recorded) where lagging like crazy + many crashing!

I am still looking for better solution.

thanks for your answer

I have an early 2011 17" MBP 2.2Ghz, a Blackmagic Thunderbolt box & a Matrox Mini via expresscard. I was able to get those to work together in Boinx… FYI, not sure if it helps. might try the Blackmagic Intensity PCI-E capture cards.