iStop Motion froze and crash at the launch

On iPad Pro 10.5 iStop Motion is frozing then crashing at the launch. I have already tested the logout of iCloud and send the crash report. No new since 2 weeks. Any update ?

Comments

• @"Lutin Créatif" Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, our findings are yet inconclusive. We believe it is connected to an internal change of how the app is known to iOS which should have been fixed by logging out of iCloud. We're hoping for Apple to help us with a solution. Unlike crashes related to program bugs, iStopMotion seems to crash in a different spot any time it crashes. Which makes it very hard to track down the problem.

• Same here, see here

Possible there is something with the 10,5" screen size? All the reports tracked down to that iPad Pro?

• @"Daniel Kriener" I'm sorry you experience this issue. We have not been able to determine the issue definitively yet but it is not restricted to 10.5 inch screen size devices. It's also very elusive as it seems to disappear after some time or under certain circumstances. We're working with Apple to try to figure it out. Thanks for your patience.

• Updated my iPad Pro from iOS 10 to iOS 11.3 and now as I will open the iStopMotion app it only is loading a blank white screen on startup and crash itself after a while. Any idea how to fix it?

• @ShawnYadav I'm sorry to hear that you experience this issue. Are you running the latest iStopMotion app version?

• Hi Oliver, just wanted to update you real quick I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the iStopMotion app and it has been running smooth once again, thanks a lot for your time : )

Shawn Yadav
    Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

• @ShawnYadav Thank you for reporting back. I'm glad to hear that it works for you now. This is consistent with what we think the cause of the issue is.

• We may found the cause for the crash when launching iStopMotion iPad! Sorry for this long time!

We uploaded a release candidate to Apples testing platform TestFlight. If you still have this problem please contact me for an invitation to TestFlight or if you have already a test account with us just start TestFlight on your iPad so you can download and test the bug fix release of iStopMotion.

Because we can't reproduce the issue in our labs we highly appreciate your feedback if this solves the issue!

Thanks for your patience and support!

• edited November 5

hai dear,

i need to share my experience also. The app is working properly on my device. no need to worry.

Peter,

(Links removed by Boinx Software because they were not related to the topic.)