Existing Full HD Slidehow in 4K - create new Slideshow or upscale from Full HD to 4K?
Is the picture quality on my 55" 4K TV better, if i re-create my existing Full HD slidewhows in 4K?
RAW's edited in LR / Capture 1, export JPG's in Full HD size.
Then import in FM,so the pictures are all at 100% - no upscaling neccessary.
Export as FM Standalone Player
Options for 4K:
1. Keep as it is (the TV does upscaling), no visible loss of picture quality
2. Setting in FM to 4K, then the pictures will be upscaled to 200%
3. New Export of RAW's direct to 4K size and import to FM
Option 2: just have tried it - the pictures are still sharp (on 27" 5K iMac)
Option 3: the slideshow size will be increase to minimum double size (but still enough storage..)
If i intend to play the slideshow as an mp4-file from NAS to TV:
- Which FM Settings should i use? The "Apple TV 4K" Setting or "Custom Video"?
- Should i use 24, 25, 30 or 60 as framerate?
Thanks in advance for your tipps and experiences.