Recording button flashing yellow

edited July 27 in mimoLive

hi all!
we are bout to start our first show tomorrow... really eyciting :-)

there is only one thing we couldn´t find out:
the record-to-disc button turn yellow every now and then. we are already using prores422LT, so encoding should be no issue.
is that fine ??? the manual doesn´t descibe this state ....

running on a current macbookpro. thanks, chris

Comments

• Bane of my existence, Chris and not limited to Mimo.

The Yellow means the encoder is too slow. This isn't a mimo thing it's a mac hardware thing.

I've found the following helps:

• Make sure there's nothing else graphical sitting open on the same machine
    • Recording or broadcasting? Both? If recording - make sure the FPS and resolution are the same as the input. I sometimes record AND broadcast and I usually land up losing the recording because it just won't handle both. Recording/broadcasting at 720p helps. Recording 1080 and broadcasting 720 sometimes work. If you have another way of recording - I'd do that as a backup.

Easiest way to test all this is run a fake show for 30 mins then play it back - if it's fine, then no problem. Sure others will have views on this.

• Yellow light means bad things. Usually, you will find that the recorded video will have messed up frame rates, and you will lose sync between the audio and video.

• As Andrew said, minimize any extra processing for mimoLive by making sure your input signal matches the document size/framerate. Your recording settings should match as well.

• thanks, that´s what i thought.... just didn't´ find out in the manual...
    our macbook is too slow. hey! lets get a new one :smile: