›

Support for AverMedia Live Gamer Portable

edited May 27 in mimoLive

Hi Everybody.

All the question is in the title : Did you think it's possible to make mimolive able to use the Live Gamer Portable natively ?

On Windows they release a little soft to create virtual camera in streaming softs but nothing on Mac, and recording the RecCentral window is really not cool :/

Comments

• @DaBv Thank you for taking the time to write in with your question.

With "natively" you mean that you can use the device as a video source? Do I understand correctly that it doesn't show up as a source in mimoLive?

Some recent USB 3 devices such as the Magewell HDMI dongle or the Aja U-TAP just work with mimoLive, because they support the USB device class for webcams.

Which of the many different Live Gamer Portable devices are you using?

• Hi Oliver and thank you for replying to me

Yes with Natively I mean available as a videosource directly in mimo, actually it didn't appear anywhere :/

And it was the first version of the Live Gamer Portable and it's a USB 2 device :)

I say "it was" because I tried the device in a store, and go back in the store today, but the device was sold :neutral:

But if the problem is solved I'll may be buy one.

In advance, thank you.

• If it didn't work before, it probably won't now. This is not a MimoLive issue, its the OS X driver for the device that is the problem. Same issue with the Elgato HD products - not available as an input device in ML. I asked Elgato about it and they said they have no plans to change their drivers on OSX. May I suggest you contact the device manufacturer about it?

• Hi Chris.

I've already made a request to AverMedia (no response since ...), because, yes, the problem come from drivers :/

But I ask here too because may be there is a Avermedia SDK (didn't check) like BlackMagic and the team work on ?

But I finally decide to buy BM product, I want to be sure that it'll work :)

Thank you for your response !

• I have the Elgato HD60 Capture device and wanted to try this as well. I had the newer AverMedia but wasn't happy with the performance (on a PC). I'll test out the Elgato and report back.
    https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60