›

AJAioHD

edited February 2012 in BoinxTV
I want to broadcast HD (720p) so I have 2*sony EX1-2*HD SDI cable-2*AJAioHD-1*Macpro 8 core 2.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770.

1 AJAioHD works fine but when I try to connect the second AJAioHD, it doesn't work....the settings are going nuts!

I called the tech support of AJA and they told me it's not a good idea to plug 2 AJAioHD on 1 computer because it use all the bandwith of the firewire!!!!

How do you broadcast HD? Could you please help me?

Thanks

Comments

• Getting an additional FireWire PCI Expresscard should help with that. They are very inexpensive and give you another firewire bus. Don't connect more than one firewire video source to a single bus. Keep in Mind: All the firewire ports on a Mac run through one bus.
  • Hi Bastian

I add 3 firewire bus (2 extra pci e fire wire)... It's not a matter of bus, the AJA ioHD suck up all the firewire bandwith.

I finally tried the AJA Kona 3 + black magic Deck link studio, it worked out but the videos (pre recorded) where lagging like crazy + many crashing!

I am still looking for better solution.

thanks for your answer
  • I have an early 2011 17" MBP 2.2Ghz, a Blackmagic Thunderbolt box & a Matrox Mini via expresscard. I was able to get those to work together in Boinx... FYI, not sure if it helps. might try the Blackmagic Intensity PCI-E capture cards.