›

Is it possible to broadcast output of Boinx TV to Cloud like Brightcove, UStream? If so, how?

edited January 2012 in BoinxTV
Is it possible to broadcast output of Boinx TV to Cloud like Brightcove, UStream? If so, how?

Comments

• If you look at this page of how-tos: http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/howtos/ there is a how-to called "stream your show to the internet".
  • Is it possible to broadcast output of Boinx TV with Flash Media Encoder?
  • @zoomboy - yes, but you need a beefy machine & works similar to the link posted above (requires camtwist). My 2011 17" MBP barely handles it.
  • Thanks. Mac Pro 12 core?
  • Or perhaps MP 8 core will do?
  • @zoomboy. Not sure. never run boinx on a mac pro before.
  • Sometime ago it was written that we can expect a release with direct streaming feature. Any news about it?
  • How about the new Livestream Broadcaster Encoder? Can this device be used with BoinxTV?
  • zoomboy: I would guess the answer to the Livestream Broadcaster question is yes provided you're not using Home, as, reading between the lines, I'm guessing it behaves as an external display as far as the source machine goes, and you'll need to fullscreen onto it.

Re UStream, I had success with a two camera SD shoot + CamTwist + UStream Producer yesterday on this MacBook Pro, which is 2.2GHz Core i7 with 4G RAM.
  • @LiveAtTheMillHouse yea, SD typically runs great on the i7 but HD can cause issues, gives the system a run for it's money. It hits the GPU pretty hard.