›

Preview Overlay

Hello! Just started using iStopmotion in my elementary classes again, but now when I run the latest version of iStopmotion, every image I capture is flipped. And the Preview Overlay never matches the orientation I have selected. If I flip the image so that it displays correctly, the overlay is vertically flipped and doesn't match the captured image. What am I missing??

Comments

• Actually, I guess what Im really talking about here is that its the capture that's being rotated and the overlay is staying the way it's supposed to. I think it's a capture issue. Has this been resolved yet??

• Alright, it's not the capture and it's not the overlay. It seems that when iStopmotion launches, its the displayed image that's flipped. Hmm, never had this issue before after years of using iStopmotion. Is it the El Capitan upgrade I've added?

• Hi, I'm having the same problem and can't really use the application until I resolve it. The source orientation is set to normal, but the image is flipped in the viewport. When I take a shot, it appears the right way up. I'm using an Agent V6 HD webcam, but the facetime camera does the same thing. I'm using OSX El Capitan. Any suggestions much appreciated!

• Hi, having exaclty the same problem as you're describing. Since I updated OSX El Capitan, I get this strange phenomen.

• HAVE YOU EMAILED THEM TO ASK THIS QUESTION, I AM TRYING TO USE WITH STUDENTS ALSO AND AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM ALSO. WONDERING IF THEY RESPONDED WITH A SOLUTION,ALSO WONDERING IF IT'S IN A PREFERENCE?

• @phillips Are you using Version 3.8.2?

• No, it is 2 express

• I was told to continue to use 2.0 as the updates in the newer versions were for more complicated users.

• Hello All,
    I am having this problem too and really need to fix this!
    I have express 2, I was going to upgrade, but am holding off until this is fixed!
    Please help!!!