Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Discussions? You came to the right place!

If you have questions, comments or suggestions about Partysnapper, please leave them here and we will answer them ASAP.
Feel free to chime in on discussions if you want.

• I am just excited you decided to move on with PartySnapper. And that I am getting a chance to test.
  • Where to report Bugs, also here ?
  • Yes, please feel free to post bug reports, feature requests and any other comments.
  • I connected an iPad (4th Gen. with iOS 8.1) and an AppleTV (3rd Gen. with 7.0 ) and started a slideShow. While the slideshow is running i was using the fast app switcher (double home button) leaving partysnapper. After i switched back to partysnapper the stream will continue but is kind of messed up. Pictures coming in from the button and are rotated and the pictures are also not coming in centered. i tried to catch the result in a picture. I guess this is a rare scenario and usually the Host will not be touched during a slideshow.
  • Thanks for the report. This is exactly why doing a public beta test is a great thing. We might never have caught that...
  • Getting failed to send image almost all the time:
    10 photos taken 2 arrived
    resent all, another 1 arrived, but it marked one of the originally sent photos as 'failed to send' even though previously received

Host: iPAd Air 1 running iOS8.02
    Photos: iPhone 6Plus iOS8.1
    WiFi: Both on same network in the same room, also on the network this computer

On the positive side, slideshow works beautifully for images received as does changing the transitions (spring is my favourite, its attention grabbing)
    Beacon also works flawlessly!

I was really hoping I could use this at the Halloween Karaoke Party I'm hosting tonight, it's not looking likely though

• Im happy to upgrade ipad air to 8.1 if you think this will help
  • Also clicked on the photo in the left corner of the app (user not host) and was taken to photos, was able to select any photo from any folder and selected send
    sadly it was added to the failed to send queue.

I noticed that from the queue the resend failed instantly, so I cleared the queue but still get same results
  • Another attempt (failed to send) with ios console log attached. Ignore the guff above the marker, this site wont allow .rtf uploads :(
  • OK Progress - dont turn on peer-to-peer, this breaks it!
    New log without p2p shows that most photo's made it, but not all - uploading is painfully slow btw!
  • Mirroring works flawlessly
  • I think the pricing is wrong, it should be pay and you get unlimited for a mid range price - in my opinion
    OK I'll shut up now, you must be sick of me hijacking this thread
  • If you only throw one party a year, you should be fine with the lowest tier. So $5 per party seemed reasonable to us (the value of 3 beers, or 1/4 or a beer in Norway). If you throw a lot of parties, $30 seemed like a mid range price to us, since most people don't even hesitate to pay $30 for a single bottle of , and they buy multiple bottles per party. Let's say you throw 10 parties a year, you essentially pay $3 per party, and in the second year it's free.
  • Fair point
  • In case you wondered if we actually went for booze prices for the app-pricing: Welcome to Germany ;)
  • Speaking my language Bastian £3.15 a pint so we're getting a deal, haha
  • So I have been testing all morning, I think the speed issue is my iphone 6P taking huge photo's, stock and previous photos come across much quicker. I will be testing live at tonights party. If I invite guests through the evening will they get their invites in time?
  • If Wifi or Peer to peer failes, PartySnapper falls back to Bluetooth, this can take a while for 6plus photos.
    Since we have to hand-invite them, probably not. If you get them to us before 6pm german time we can still add them.
  • Hi, I tested PS, and it works really nice!
    I have one suggestion: How about having a MacOS PS Server?
    My iPad is short of space all the time:-) and a Mac would be able to store many more Photos, especially when you make a big party.
    Is this something, you already have in mind?
  • @wacholderpolka‌ For now, there is no Mac Client planned. We want to focus on adding a couple of new awesome features to the current version. Creating a Mac app takes a lot of time and the amount of user that would prefer a rather cumbersome OS X solution over the simple iOS solution seems very small.
  • Hi Bastian, thanks for the answer.
    When I have a look at the iPhone & iPads around me, I see a lot of devices, that struggle with free space.
    I had a hard time, when OTA update to iOS 8 was available.

A good PS party (let's assume a wedding:-) will easily pile up hundreds of photos, so it may be a good idea to support some kind of external storage like Dropbox, iCloud drive, http, ftp...

That would indeed make a Mac version obsolete.

It is just a hint, maybe it is a good idea to see, if people really having this issue when the first version is available in the app store.
  • The trend goes towards larger devices. If I had too little space on my iPad, I'd be willing to clear a lot of space for my wedding. Cloud storage is not an option since photos get displayed all the time, like this we'd need to push pictures towards the cloud, delete them from the device and pull them again a couple of seconds or minutes later for display.
  • You are right, would be a lot of traffic over the network.
    I will go on with testing the app, I hope it is ok to post some ideas as they come to my mind, even if it makes no sense in the end:-)
  • Hi Basti,
    I was just thinking about using partysnapper on our Weihnachtsfeier, but we haven't only IOS devices, will or is there an Android pendant available?
  • There will be when we publish it to the AppStore we also plan to release a camera app to the Google Play Store.
  • One comment regarding the error message, when no party snapper host can be found:
    The sentence "Make sure, a party snapper display is running" led to some confusion when I gave the App to my family members.
    What is a party snapper display?
    Is it the PS startup screen, or something else.
    It took some time for them to figure out, what was meant and how to do it.

Maybe it would be more clear, if there would be a sentence like "Make sure, one device is running as Party Snapper host. Choose "Host A Party" in the PS app"

No big issue, just a comment.
  • @wacholderpolka‌ Very good point! Thanks!
  • edited December 2014
    I have some GUI Issues on my iPhone4S and iPhone6. Screenshots of the glitches are attached.
    I have installed the PartySnapper Version 1.0 (10624)
  • @kerka00‌ Does this happen all the time or is there some procedure to make this happen?