Bug report 4.0b2

Multiview:

• When the multiview window is set-up, no matter what you choose in the gear wheel (EX. 2 top + 8 bottom), when press show multiview windows, the emerged windows always show 2x2.
  • In the maximized multiview window, when you press the right-top gear wheel, the program crash

“Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: presentViewController:animator:: View ‘<TVMultiViewViewController: 0x7fb78b49d390>’'s view is not in a window/view hierarchy.”

Thanks for your bug report! The Multiview window is actually not a copy of the Multiview column in the document window. Those are separate features, thus you can set them up independently. (You can’t because of the crash) We will check if we can change the UI so that is more obvious to you.

Regarding the crash: Got the crash report, we will have a look into it. The crash report says you are running on macOS 11, is there are reason why you don’t update to macOS 10.13?

Thanks for your bug report!

• The Multiview window is actually not a copy of the Multiview column in the document window. Those are separate features, thus you can set them up independently. We will check if we can change the UI so that is more obvious to you.

• Regarding the crash: Got the crash report, we will have a look into it. The crash report says you are running on macOS 11 which may be the cause why we don’t see it. Does this crash happens if you try it with a new blank document too? (Btw: We recommend to update macOS 10.11 to a later one because it carries a serious bug by Apple which we can’t work around. This bug causes mimoLive to crash on macOS 10.11)

Achim: I’m not a big fan of OS updates…

My Mac Pro and my retina Macbook pro are working very well with El Capitan

Once, I updated the MP to Sierra and the Mimolive render performance was worse than 10.11 (and other softwares, like Adobe Premier got weird)

And when did the same in my retina, it lost the usb ports every time when went wake up from sleep state…

So, I’m rolled back, and I plan to stay here…

Am I the only one whose computer now runs like a nuclear core since the beta upgrade? CPU hog, lagging video etc?

@MrAndrewMcLean This is certainly unexpected. Can you sent us more details, perhaps the document you are using, what machine, OS version?

High Sierra
MacBook Pro i7
16GB
AMD Radeon R9 M370X:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M370X
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel

I usually use Presenter 2D to mix videos together. Until beta (I will say this is a converted file since the upgrade) it worked fine with no lag. Now the videos lag, stop, speed up, hang. I thought it may be a 1080p issue (copied into document) but have tried with 720p (Absolute path) and the same thing. Just picked random vids.

The processor is running hot and runs around 30% when doing nothing and above 70% when it tries to record (yeah, tried both x264 and Apple 224 - same thing).

It’s bizarre. I strongly suspect if I go back to 3.x it’ll work okay again - I’ve run a few hundred projects through mimo no problem. I also can’t see anything obvious (killed all other apps, processes and there’s 200GB free space).

I know macs are rubbish for their x.264 encoders - but I really do think this is something leaky in 4.x. I’ll go back to 3.x for now. Maybe it’s a hardware issue - but it’s worth checking.

Oh… and it crashes out when closing (latest beta). Log below:
Process: mimoLive [1086]
Path: /Applications/mimoLive 3.app/Contents/MacOS/mimoLive
Identifier: com.boinx.mimoLive
Version: 4.0b2 (24616)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: mimoLive [1086]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-02-05 17:10:09.737 +0000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.3 (17D47)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 76AF24D7-38B2-9789-765C-871C5F4A5DFF

Sleep/Wake UUID: 53E75C62-9B27-4044-86F4-CE1039AABAFF

Time Awake Since Boot: 11000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 4500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: *** -[AVOutputSettingsAssistant setSourceVideoAverageFrameDuration:] invalid parameter not satisfying: CMTIME_IS_NUMERIC(sourceVideoAverageFrameDuration)

Okay, here’s the thing: Went back to an old Mimo (3.2.1) and opened the same document before it converted. Same vids, same settings. Works fine. No lags, no issues.

@MrAndrewMcLean Thanks for all the information. It would be really helpful to get this document. Can you send that to me via DM?

@MrAndrewMcLean Additionally the full crashlog (in a text file) would be helpful as well! Thanks for your efforts!

@achim @“Oliver (Boinx)”

Got the same crash with 4.0b3

@JMVBMW Can you please send the latest crash log?

Sorry @Boinx - I’ve been away. Okay, will send that bad boy over.

** @“Oliver (Boinx)” even

Seems like Version 4.0b4 fixed my issue